View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 07:55 AM

Default Re: religion and faith (also long)

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think that's right. If I find the bible to be nothing to do with god (which is the case) its still the case if its true and describes a god that would condemn me to eternal damnantion for making an honest mistake, then that god isn't benevolent.

chez

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Um, I don't think you can have a bible which is both true and nothing to do with god, but let that pass

[/ QUOTE ]
No, but you can have a bible that many honestly believe to be nothing to do with god, yet is to do with god.

[ QUOTE ]
I think I mentioned that there are people who think that God, having made everything, is perfectly entitled to bin whichever of his toys displease him after he has made them.

[/ QUOTE ]
This from your other post. god can do whatever he likes but if he behaves unbenevelently then he is not benevelent.

As to the rest of your posts, I agree. I don't think the christian god would condemn anyone for not believing in him. Its just nasty strain of christianity that demeens god so.

chez