View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: the correct play here please?

shove is very standard.

I really hate raise-folding. I don't want the blinds to play back at us with trash that they might shove with fold equity and I don't want them to flat with a hand that dominates us.

Clark,

Just telling you that this is a good push does not help you learn how to play poker so maybe you can come back to the thread and post here why its a good push:

-try to put your opponents on a reasonable calling range.

-Then figure out what % of total hands that range represents.

-Then go to www.pokerstove.com and download the free software. Figure out how your hand fares against the opponents calling range (or you can do this with pen and paper but it will take REALLY long)

You should then figure out (the chips won when everyone folds)*(& of the time everyone folds) + (the chips won when you call and win)*(the % of the time that you are called)*(the % of the time that when you are called you win the hand) - (the chips lost when you call and lose)*(the % of the time that you are called)*(the % of the time that when you are called you lose the hand)

Also in the future please don't post results of your hands and try to include reads on the players to your left (as that will alter their calling range) and also include the buyin of the tournament.

Welcome to the forums,
Steve