View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Doping (use of performance-enhancing drugs) in Poker

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I did write later in this thread that I do NOT believe drug testing should be introduced in tournament poker because drug testing will actually make the doping problem in poker much worse. We have seen with other sports where "undetectable" drugs were introduced by biochemists and their associated hucksters.I personally do NOT want tournament poker to be the next hot market for the services of those biochemists who are in the performance drug trade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please send whatever drugs you ingested that makes you think the poker world is plagued by performance enhancing drugs, that some non-existent sanctioning body might enforce "testing", and the poker world will become a hot black market for biochemists and "their hucksters" to ply their super-drugs should testing become a reality.

Seriously, is the thought here that Harrah's is going to make the tens of thousands of people who show up during the WSOP pee in a cup before they let them hand over their money and sit at the table -- and that should this completely unrealistic scenario ever play itself out, that enough people would be 'caught' by such testing that biochemists and "their hucksters" would find it worth their while to "infest" the poker world with their undetectable performance enhancing drugs? Really?