Thread: when?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 08:21 AM

Default Re: when?

here's the hand that made me think about it. i thought the turn was the perfect card for a defensive check/calldown against this guy because he was the type to peel loose on the flop and bet light on the turn (although he would check behind the river with unpaired hands). so if he had 65s he would likely bet the turn and bet most rivers when checked to. if he had KQo he would likely play the flop the same way but raise later in the hand (which means my defensive check loses less unless i fold which i hate doing). he was actually an okay player, just too loose preflop. so if he had, say, 22, i don't think he's going to call the river once that ace falls.

so that's why i started thinking about it. i think it's really unlikely that he calls me with an unpaired hand on this river. i think it's really unlikely that he doesn't have an unpaired hand on this river based on his turn check behind and the fact that he plays fairly floaty on the flop and would likely bet the turn with any pair and even some other hands.

so i don't think i ever get called on the river by this player when he has a worse hand, but i bet anyway. maybe all this means i should have check folded, because i don't expect him to have and bet Ax here vs. me. dunno, just a thought i had tonight.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.6SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3.8BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3.8BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: 3.8BB