View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: good spot to 3 barrel

[ QUOTE ]
Let's put villain on a hand.

He flat calls pf. So if he's semi-reasonable he has a marginal hand that plays better 3way than HU. Ax and pocket pairs do not fit that category. Ax and med-small pairs are horrid oop 3way.

He check/calls flop. He doesn't have any of it. We know in hindsight he isn't slowplaying anything. He must raise a pair here. The call is either a loose peel or a high card, where we've already discounted an ace, which also takes the 3 and 5 out of play.

Turn is a total brick. He check/calls. He has a high card.

River is the ace. He checks. Anything is possible at small stakes. A guy calls with ace high thinking it's good, then checks an ace fearing it's outkicked. Or he calls down with an ace thinking it's good, then wants to c/r river thinking maybe we have a hand. It's possible he thinks the only way to get a bet is to let you bluff.

But the likelihood is it missed him and he has K high. If K high was good on 3rd street it's still good. I think you can bet this. In the heat of the moment I would probably check, but getting paid off by KJ would be awesome. Great metagame.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think you are discounting the fact that it is 3 handed. Vill is not thinking about what plays best multi-way vs. heads up. he's probably thinking about loosening up his range if anything because it is 3 handed. I understand your point because he's not isolating (I think that's your point) but I think this could totally include any mid pairs, king high of course,and possibly even a weak A. granted I don't know sb's range for calling button raises. But I'm thinking you are going to see either a k high, or a mid to low pr. As i said before completely read dependent. Good idea in the right circumstance. you've represented either a strong made hand or some sort of A so there is definately a case to be made for betting, but not if we don't have a read on how capable vill is of folding. And how often is KJ calling here. awesome yes, probable, i don't think so. getting called by most weak pairs imo