View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 03:55 AM

Default Re: My life is over.

hey depguy,

First of all I think seeing a Doctor and taking some stabilising medication is a good idea. A big mistake people often make is to stop the medication when they start to feel better. Don't do that and make all decisions after consideration and consultation with your Doctor.

Secondly I think you are possibly ruining a good relationship by not being completely honest with your woman. I know she has been ignoring your requests to be left in peace while playing poker, but still by the sounds of it you are not being open with her regarding your state of mind. Don't bottle it up until it explodes and damages your relationship beyond repair. Finding a life partner is harder than building a bankroll. The suggestion of counselling was a good one IMO.

If you are really brutally honest with yourself, is she really responsible for your losses? Or has your subconscious insecurities/mid life crises pre-occupied you to the point it is affecting your game?

I seriously doubt that most winning players become losing players just because someone distracts them from time to time.

But I understand your pain, I'm on a large downswing myself and am feeling depressed and very unmotivated to play right now.