Thread: re-raise fold?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: re-raise fold?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since he is short stacked you put yourself into a very awkward position by three betting 4th. Even if he is "buying a free card" with 3 clubs and aces, given the dead cards, you only have 50.5% equity in the pot!!! Thus, you should just call his 1st raise on 4th, and then check to him no matter what on 5th. If he checks behind you, then great, you know you are ahead and you can bet 6th. If he bets 5th, 6th, and 7th without having caught another club, you can assume that he has As up or better and fold unimproved. If he catches 1 more club, but not 2 more, I would have to call him down because he is more likely to keep semi-bluffing on all streets vs your possible two pair or trips if he picks a four flush as well.

Carlos

[/ QUOTE ]
Man, you're good.

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this hand. I've been schooled.

[edit]: I think I'd call the last dollar on the river rather than fold UI if it got that far, getting better than 100:1. I mean, I'm a nit and everything, but jeez...

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem, it was an interesting hand and I learned from it myself. Yes, he he only has a dollar left, call on the river:-)...but if he started with $66.5, he will have spent .5 on ante, 5 on 3rd, 20 on 4th (remember, you are jsut calling his raise), 10 on 5th, and 10 on 6th, which leaves a whopping $21 left on the river. Incidentally, that is just enough to call you raise, should you fill up, and luckily not enough to 3 bet you should he make a higher full house!

Carlos