View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: The quality of play @ 8-16 and lower, and EVEN @ 20-40

[ QUOTE ]
I rarely checkraise anymore. Raising pf more often removes some of the need to cr or exercise so called fancy plays. I find that betting, betting, and betting again tends to disguise hands more than anything else.

I do c/r from the blinds if I have a vulnerable type hand and want to get people out of the pot if the CO or Button are overly aggressive. But even then, I far more often donk/3bet.

There are two hands I do c/r a lot. One is when I flop a set from the blinds against an early position pf raiser. This is entirely for equity purposes. I want the field trapped for two bets. I also tend to c/r a lot when I am in the blinds or UTG and hit a straight(ie disguised). Same reason as with the set. I want players trapped for the extra bets. OTOH, if say I held KQ and the flop is J10x and an A or 9 comes on the turn, I will bet it out. The Ace especially is a scare card and someone may not bet. OTOH, if someone behind me does have AJ A10 or Ax, they may well raise my bet and I can 3 bet.

Most other hands I just keep betting. I find that the bet/3bet is my biggest money maker. I especially never slow play quads.

[/ QUOTE ] Edited by fishyak

My new hero.