View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: ** New & Improved ** Pokerstars Regulars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're just one of the 50 players that plays TAG and misses tons of EV although probably winning with little variance.

[/ QUOTE ]I'd like to think I'm not completely awful if I'm winning [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Guess I'll have to improve on my 8/2 style you thought I played.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I think you started changing that the last few sessions I played with you. Really, anyone who can break even is good since thats the top 10% of players, but when talking about regs we are basically only talking about people that at least break even and a few losers. Most of the high volume players at NL100 and below don't even bother trying to outplay one another when there are great opportunities to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is horrible advice. Trying to outplay regs at 100nl, and by that I mean you are advocating going out of your way to outplay them, is a horrible idea. There are so many fish that you don't even remotely have to try to outplay the regs to win a lot of money. I followed this advice up to 200nl even where it was still effective. It isn't possible at 400nl anymore, but I mean I think giving advice to outplay regs AT 100NL is so pointless with all the fish. I understand if you play 200nl and have to move down and all, but being a normal/decent reg at 100nl, if you try to outplay the regs who may or may not actually be better than you, it is only going to hurt your winrate.