View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 04:11 AM

Default Pullups and made up workout questions

1. i can hardly do a regular pull up with your hands facing outwards, but i can do ~6 with hands facing in. Does it matter? Should i be working on getting better with hands facing out, or will it come naturally by doing the other kind?

2. I really want to do Crossfit, but I don't really have all of the equipment and am trying to train to run a 10k on thanksgiving, so i have been trying to take random workouts they have and modify them a little bit:

for example:
monday ==> 15xDeadlift + 15xsitups on the bench thingy + 1/4 mile sprint continuous x5 (this was pretty much an identical WOD)

tuesday ==> did the WOD which was running clock 1 pullup for first minute, 2 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd and so on until you couldn't do anymore.

Then i went and ran 3 miles @ a 7:30 pace, which is what i am trying to get to for 6 miles.

After that I did 10x dumbbell thrusters for 3 sets with fairly light weight b/c i was already gassed, with 10x perfect form pushups inbetween. 3 sets of this.

Wed.- rest

Thurs. ==> Made up my own workout. 10x deadlift, run 1/4 mile, 8 pullups as best i could, repeat x5.

friday ==> who knows....probably i will run 4 miles at 7:30 pace and try and do some dumbbell & ab excercise after that.

3. Will this type of workout be good for a 10k, make me lose weight, and generally mirror the effects of crossfit?

Also, i would like to add that i plan on throwing in HIIT workouts, but not on any real planned schedule. I am trying to keep it random, but i don't want to do things that aren't beneficial to my goals.