Thread: Slowplay?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Slowplay?

my responses will be in bold. thanks for the input. i'm going to play some NL in a bit so i'll probably not be able to check back until tomorrow.

[ QUOTE ]
(1) you might win the pot right there. great, but my point is i want to eek out extra value from hands he would fold on the flop.
(2) if he puts in a c/r you 3 bet and you should know pretty quickly where you are, costing only 1.5 BBs compared to calling down if he's ahead (and making a nice pot if he's not) but for .5bb more i get to showdown everytime without scaring off a worse hand
(3)if he smooth calls and checks you can call any riverbet and see the showdown for 1.5 BBs this is reasonable.
(4) if he smooth calls, you can fold to a turn donk bet as there are no draws on the board and it looks like a monster (I'm most unsure about this situation... is this a calldown??) i would call and see if he fires again on the river, i think.

A note on the possibility of facing a flop c/r: if he is a good thinking player as you indicate, he could easily put in a 4-bet on the flop with worse hands like TT-QQ. um. no he wouldn't against me. especially since i'm not 3betting the flop.

I'm also a little unsure about if he calls a 3-bet on the flop. once again, i'm not 3betting the flop if he c/r. it will only lose more and slow down a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]