Thread: Slowplay?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Slowplay?

I suck, so I'd definitly be interesed in hearing opinions on my take on this, but that said...

The line you took commits you to calling 2 more BBs to see a showdown. I would want to find out where I was on the flop. If you bet:

(1) you might win the pot right there.
(2) if he puts in a c/r you 3 bet and you should know pretty quickly where you are, costing only 1.5 BBs compared to calling down if he's ahead (and making a nice pot if he's not)
(3)if he smooth calls and checks you can call any riverbet and see the showdown for 1.5 BBs
(4) if he smooth calls, you can fold to a turn donk bet as there are no draws on the board and it looks like a monster (I'm most unsure about this situation... is this a calldown??)

A note on the possibility of facing a flop c/r: if he is a good thinking player as you indicate, he could easily put in a 4-bet on the flop with worse hands like TT-QQ. I can't do this 4th level analysis, so it's up to your read on him what to do here.

I'm also a little unsure about if he calls a 3-bet on the flop. My guess: bet into him on the next street and he will probably find a fold, if not, you probably should.

$0.02 and all that.