View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Tower defense games

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DtD Tower defense (download) ground almost to a halt while displaying graphics which would have been bad in 1990. It has some nice ideas which should be handed over to a real programmer. I quit in my first game.

[/ QUOTE ]
The graphics are intended to be that way, simple.
If you are experincing speed problems, try pressing 'G' to turn off the smoke coming from the gas towers, there is a bug I never got around to fixing.
What's wrong with my programming? The game works fine!

This is a independently developed game, it was made by 1 person with a few others doing things like graphics and music. If you want flashy graphics then go buy a game.

Also, the speed problem might just be your computer just sucks. Game Maker (the program used to create this game) has always been known for slowing down on some computers. Just because I never optimized my game to run perfectly on all computers doesn't mean it isn't good.

Furthermore, this was my first try at making a publicly released game, if you don't like it just live with it.

@Other users
Just because pzhon didn't like my game, or his computer sucks too much to run it smoothly doesn't mean it won't play good for you, or you won't enjoy it. Please try DtD Tower Defense.

~DtD
Creator of DtD Tower Defense and owner of DtD Software

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I just being completely paranoid here or is there actually something wrong with this poster?