View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Razz - one more river

Raise 4th? Huh? 4th is pretty close to a fold. I'd call sometimes. I'd raise never.

5th is not a raise. 5th is SO not a raise. Not only is your hand whooped, but your draw could be also.

I'm not sure I love a call on 6th. Purely statistically speaking your opponent has a pair here something like 70% of the time (because they're showing 4 low cards, this is assuming they started with a 3 card 8). They'll actually have 2 pair, and no hand, something like 20% of the time. You have 10 outs to improve out of 36 unknown cards, so that's good, but sometimes you're drawing dead and sometimes you'll improve and so will he (if he has, say, an A down then he has as many outs as you (plus the best current hand) so he'll win 26 times when you don't improve, and about 1/3 of the time when you do and he does also so he can expect to win this hand something like 29/36 times if he doesn't currently have your draw beat)

Raising the river is interesting... you may have been drawing dead, or he may have improved to beat your hand. It's hard to say.

One thing that is difficult with a hand like this is that with an 8 up, your opponent is often going to take the same action on 3rd wit 876 as he will with A28 so it's difficult to tell if he's paired, or how strong his made hand is.