View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Fire Jack Effel Now!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Let me give all of you folks the 'real skinny' on Effel and why he WILL be replaced at the end of the '07 WSOP.

THE TOP 10 REASONS JACK WILL NOT BE BACK.

10. His first WSOP experience was in 2005. He was brought in by Kenny Lambert Jr. who (like his father) has been summarily 'relieved' of all of his recent positions for reasons that a lot of people know but can't talk about. Jack Effel was Kenny's 'Bag Man' and the 'Dalmation' to Kenny's 'Clydesdale' Johnny Grooms. All of the above were summarily fired with 2 days remaining in the 2005 WSOP (although Grooms probably shouldn't have been - see 'guilt by association').
9. Of the three, Effel was the most hated and untalented (by far) because he was unbelievably defensive about his lack of qualifications for the job and offset that by being imperious and dogmatic about things he knew nothing about.
8. Effel has always walked into WSOP and Circuit Events AFTER they were already set-up and arranged (a 10-month process in the case of the WSOP), and he simply had to 'look' like he knew what he was doing, defer responsibility to higher-ups and pick up his monstrous envelopes and unreported tokes.
7. This year, he was in charge of setting up and arranging the WSOP (something he knew next to nothing about) and the resultant first 2 weeks of chaos showed his lack of understanding, foresight and administrative skills.
6. He is one of the most unlikeable people (especially at his relatively young age) in all of Poker.
5. He is NOT a multi-tasker as I learned on a daily basis in working with him for 2 1/2 years ( I was asked to be a senior staff member in 2007 and turned it down solely for the reason that I would not work with or for Jack Effel).
4. He gave Harrahs and the WSOP mucky-mucks a dog-n-pony story and show - using all of those corporate 'buzz words' that they love so much - extolling his qualifications and also smoozed all of the 'Pro Advisory' committee members so that they would give him their imprimatur.
3. Most of the staff members hate him (except for the idiots who wouldn't have a job unless someone like him was in charge - Jack likes to hire people less-qualified than himself so that they won't show him up).
2. The mucky-mucks don't even like him anymore and he WILL be the fall guy for any problems that cropped up...
... and last but not least, the Number One reason Jack Effel will not be back next year...
1. ... HE SUCKS BIG TIME.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is comical.

Let's analyse this.

10) So, you are accusing Jack, and Johnny, of stealing money for Ken Lambert.

Of course, you have no proof whatsoever. I hate this about poker. It is the only job in gaming where everyone who handles money gets accused of stealing. If you had proof they stole, why did you not call Gaming Control or LV Metro????

Answer, you have no proof. Case closed,

9)Tend to agree.

8)Not true. Jack probably does SOME leg work, but not all of it. As to huge envelopes - no proof.

7) Not all Jack's fault. He gets some blame, but the property does as well. There are clearly not enough people to staff the early WSOP days, and HET doesn't care at all.

6) I hear that a lot!!!!!

5) You should expound, or it sounds like a grinding axe.

4) No doubt this is true. He has little to no knowledge of true gaming rules, and has probably put HET's feet in the fire a few times.

3) This is obvious by the staff that is there.

2) If he is not back, it will not be suprising since he would be the fourth guy not asked back in 4 years.

1) That sounds very childish!

You clearly have an axe to gring here. The reference to stealing tokes and buy-ins is reprehensible. If you have the proof, which I know you don't, you could put in in a deep-six. You don't because you can't, and that illusion without proof is lame, lame, lame.

Guys like Jack don't get fired, they fire themselves. On that stage, it is easy to be exposed, and he clearly has.

You should leave the stealing stuff out. Seriously.