View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Re: 11r: AA Standard?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so your check-raise will usually be folding out a hand you crush.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the problem here?

This is an $11, there will be PLENTY of chip making opportunities. Why stick 20 BBs in when you don't have to.

Flop: Check-Check
Turn: Check-Check
River: Bet 400-Opponent Calls, Shows 8-8. Hero Takes pot.

I have no problem with that.

Being stuck on "Must get the most chips out of my opponent EVERY SINGLE HAND" is terribly flawed in the fact that you have no idea what your opponent has.

Are you a $10 SNG player? Sit at my table anyday of the week, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I moved up from the 11s a while back, and had a 30% ROI at them if you want to get personal. I'm trying to give constructive analysis of a hand theres no need to be a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not being a dick. I'm just stunned at the number of people who have the "Must go broke with Aces" philosophy.

You can have a 30% ROI playing that way. THat doesn't make it optimal. I'll send off strength tells on the flop and find out how good my opponent is and fold my Aces to his K-10, avoiding bustout. But I'm good enough to get a good read on my opponent for this type of maneuver. SOme aren't.

Why didn't you just suggest to the original poster to push all-in on the flop them?? Your opponent will call with just about whatever he has (Pocket Pair or King).