Thread: Weeds: 09/18/07
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Weeds: 09/18/07

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Show sucks now and will/should be cancelled soon. I don't even know wtf I'm watching most of the time. Olsen chick looked really good though. Californication continues to be sweet though.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a 1/2 hour show that has a very basic premise and is really popular. Definitely not getting cancelled this season, or probably next, and personally I think the show is getting better.

Anyone else hate Olsen's character. The things she says are absolutely ridiculous.

'I don't drink, except wine because Jesus drank wine'
'I don't smoke, except weed because it's natural and God made it'
'But that doesn't mean we can't still have fun...'

Her lines are lame and the Jesus freak, but still badass character does not work. Hopefully she gets better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever met any of the "I'm in to Jesus but I'm still hip crowd"? They rushed it the character in to the story, so it seemed a bit much all at once. But overall I think they pulled off the character pretty well.

Weeds has surpassed entourage by a good margin for quality, light entertainment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find those people phony and don't run into them ever and on the show it just seemed so... forced. Introduce the character, show that she's a 'cool' Jesus lover, start relationship w/ Sylus. All w/in what... a scene and a half? Do these people really force this type of thing and blab all the time about it right from meeting someone? Do you know anyone personally like this? I think I would like to pick someone's brain who acted like this IRL.