View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 02:48 AM

Default Re: JJ OOP, 3-bet pot 4 ways.....and mayhem ensues

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. how small would the BB's AI have to be for us to call and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

If our plan is to play for set value, our move on the flop is to check-fold when we miss, especially out of position. The rule of thumb is that investing more than 1/5 of your stack (effectively) begins to commit you, and bet- or call-folding beyond that becomes problematic, unless you're running a big bluff or (say) a card falls that completely destroys your hand or villain suddenly gives off an *exceptionally reliable* indication that your equity is terrible / you're basically dead.

Say BB has $5 and shoves, you shrug it off and call, CO surprises you and calls, BTN shoves all in, now what? That's a best case scenario, but you're still not thrilled, cause CO might have read BTN for a shove and is trapping more money in the pot. Your problem is your inability to control / anticipate the actions of two opponents in a re-raised pot who act after you. BB's stack size isn't really changing that.

2. If I show up with QQ here I shove over BB and expect BTN to call me incorrectly fairly often and take my lumps when CO has AA/KK. But I'm likely felting it pre.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I have seen the light - thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]