View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Have any ACists served on a jury?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Make sure if you want to serve to put on a dumb loyal citizen act. Do you know what kind of conviction it's for? If it's drugs I would consider it a note of personal honor to sneak my way in there and get the guy off. Other things I'd probably be too apathetic to do it unless it concerned similarly totalitarian laws...maybe tax evasion would be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the reasons I don't want on is in case I get put on a trial for a violent/sex crime. No way would I vote not guilty for someone who obviously commited rape or some other crime along those lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would really be all you need to say. They may ask you if you are really positive and such, but if that is really what you believe (It's probaly a good idea to talk about your conscience) there's little they can do. A lot of times, people will back down when the judge asks them "are you absolutely sure...." a few times and they'll probaly give some reasons, etc. Don't be afraid of the judge getting pissed; just don't pull off any 2p2 style comments and it'll be fine. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]