View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
People should have just let Nat go on this trip and trusted his judgement. He spent as many/more hours on this as anyone with absolutley no vested interest other than his morals. ( He actually probably stood to lose ad revenue with his stake in Bluff media from exposing AP, while other players who who actually lost money in this ordeal put forth less effort than him)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think any of the people with valid concerns were attacking Nat. I have no doubt he is an upstanding citizen and perhaps the most qualified to visit.

However, without the power of the law, nobody in this company is ever going to come forward with the truth. The problem is we are setting the bar for appeasement too low, and instead of some sort of meaningful shakeup we are going to settle for the "word on the street" rumors that Nat will come back with. While the rumors will undoubtedly be accurate, it is just settling too much IMO.

I mean the basic question is what do you do when 98% of a company are good people and 2% screw you? Do you forgive the 98% or blame them for not protecting their clients against the bad ones? I believe it is the job of a company to protect their customers at all costs, knowing that rogue employees exist (and occur more frequently when a lot of money is at stake). Not only did this company not do that, they lied to cover it up. To me visiting the company when they have peddled us more dogshit over and over again feels like a premature extending of the olive branch.

I don't think the visit is a bad idea, I just would wait until they actually give the public some real information before a "representative of the people" visits them. The reason they want and were offering to pay him to visit is because it is good for them. Why? Because he is going to meet a lot of the 98% and not very many of the 2%. I don't think Nat is going to be tricked or fooled, but certainly some of the good PR is going to rub off. So why not make them earn it by actually giving the public a meaningful statement.