View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Ask TheMetetron about living in or visiting Buenos Aires, Argentin

Thanks for this thread...tons of great info. I've read through the entire thing and my eyes are a little blurry, but have a few Q's still:

1) I know that it was recommended to get an unlocked GSM cell and buy a sim card there. Is it possible to get a sim, or monthly contract with unlimited data (internet) on your cell there? Are there any monthly plans like Boost Mobile? Hoping to possibly use skype on my cell over the internet instead of making cell calls. Check out www.fring.com.

2) If any of you use skype, how is the call quality back to the states (and to europe)? Is there a noticeable delay?

3) I haven't really heard any mention of Las Canitas as an area to live. I see a number of apartments for rent there and the descriptions make it sound like the yuppie area of town. I'm probably a bit older than most on this board (a whopping 32), but would like to be walking distance to the best area for bars/restos with the hottest chicas in my age bracket. I know that TheMetetron likes Recoletta for the area and central location, but I really would like to be walking distance to the area that I will likely be going out in the most...so that I can stumble home. Is Las Canitas a good area for this, or is there better? Don't mind paying the price for the best location...I would liken this to the Marina/Cow Hollow area in San Francisco, or Santa Monica in Los Angeles (vs Beverly Hills, which is nice and safe, but not so fun at night).

Thanks a bunch!