View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Dieting with someone else - suggestions?

HAY GUISE A HEALTH AND FITNESS FORUM, WOW!

Last week a friend of mine's father called me out of the blue. He's wealthy and retired and just got back from his summer in Bainbridge Island. It wasn't too weird that he called because I have holiday dinners over at their house a lot, but still, I hadn't spoken with him at all this year.

Anyway, he wanted to meet for breakfast so I knew something was up. He told me that his wife's personal trainer at the gym we both belong to was visiting them and mentioned I'd put on some weight. He had too, and wasn't happy about it. So he was proposing some sort of peer pressure/group workout thing and wants me to report back to him with ideas.

We both belong to the same gym and both live near some pretty awesome hiking trails. But my issue is diet. I can no longer eat like I used to and get away with it because I'm not in my 20s anymore.

Any suggestions on group activities or stories of peer pressure-type diets that you've been involved in? Part of the issue is that he's around 25 years older than I am, so we can't really play one-on-one basketball or anything. Our immediate thought is that we're both looking to lose around 30 lbs.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated, in the meantime I'm gonna browse this forum and hopefully avoid the banstick of that meanie kyleb.