Thread: Headphones!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Headphones!!!

[ QUOTE ]
PITTM,

I'm in the market for some new earbuds. It seems like the Shure ones are the clear concensus pick.

So, here's the question. Speaking to a relative non-audiophile, how would you characterize the difference in experience between the e2c ($70), e3c ($150), e4c ($200) [amazon prices]?

[/ QUOTE ]
El D,
Shure are definitely the biggest name out there and the E3s and E4s are probably a safe bet, as are the lower end of Shure's new SE series - SE210 and SE310. However, there are definitely some other very good options out there, as is evidenced by the overly torturous process I've put myself through in trying to pick my new pair of IEMs. See the post I just made for what I consider to be the best options in this price range, at least for my taste. The JAYS d-JAYS and q-JAYS are looking VERY nice. The only problem with them is very few people have much experience with them, so they're still a pretty unknown quantity (and the q-JAYS won't be here until May/June). Initial reviews are very good, though.

Other earphones to seriously consider would be the V-Moda Vibes, UltimateEars SuperFi 5 Pros, and the Westone UM1 and UM2s.