Thread: Eugenics
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 06:40 AM

Default Eugenics

Once again I'm forced to combat the nonsense that passes for rational thought on these boards. It's quite disturbing to see the degree to which otherwise intelligent people suppress truth to fit their political and ethical beliefs. David can have his penises, while we discuss the real issues.

In another thread, Mickey Brausch stated:

[ QUOTE ]
Engaging in eugenics would involve the potential of so many mistakes (e.g. we would be focusing in producing tall humans, something that could prove disastrous down the road) that the exercise is technically a non-starter, even before the moral arguments begin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I submit that this is total nonsense. While there are potential dangers with a poorly crafted eugenics program, it's trivial to think of an example where this isn't the case. For example, removing the bottom 50% (in terms of intelligence) of each ethnic group. IMO this would greatly benefit the human gene pool and the long term success of the human race, with few drawbacks.

If you disagree, I'd like to hear why. Obviously this point ignores the moral and political considerations, which are huge.