Thread: AA deep
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Re: AA deep

just read this... I'm villain. Not sure about how I played this one. This deep and against a smallish flop bet I elected to call instead of raise. I didn't expect him to fold QQ+ since I've been pretty aggro against him before, and this way I'd let him stay in the hand with hands I beat and get more value from lower pp's later in the hand or by him firing a 2nd barrel with air. I don't think raising would be bad there either, but just a choice I made.

When he checked the turn I didn't really see any value in betting. I really didn't want to get c/raised and again, I thought I'd let him possibly bluff the river or I could get value out of a lower pp. (another question: if he bets turn do any of you like shove over it? I definitely was contemplating it had he bet)

After his river check I really thought there was no way he'd have AA/KK/QQ here. So the hands that beat me in my mind are probably A10/AQ/QK/JJ. I beat all lower pp's and his air hands. To be quite honest, I thought there was an above average chance he had 99/77/910, as I thought he might value/block with the hands that beat me. I decided to make a "bluffy" overbet with 10J. It looks like 8x or nothing, so I thought he'd make a decent amount of hero calls here with hands I beat. And if happened to fold out a hand better than mine than all the better, but really my thought process was that it was for value. Certainly not my default line, but what do you think here? FWIW, I would sometimes do this exact thing with 8x and rarely a full house.