View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: 2007 Pac 10 football thread

[ QUOTE ]
Was this after we lost to UCLA or after we pounded Michigan? Either way Sagarin's final ratings had USC #1 in the predictor and #2 overall. Didn't get to the national championship b/c of the boneheaded UCLA loss but still were probably the best team in the country.

[/ QUOTE ]

So many SC fans seem to believe that potential is all that matters. Well, when you don't live up to that potential... I mean sure, USC was a good team last year. But they lost to a pretty lousy UCLA team in the final regular season game for their second loss on the season. Sure, SC probably has the best collection of talent this year in all of college football, but they lost at home to the dregs of the Pac-10. I certainly agree that SC could have been a great team this year. However, barely beating 2 of the weakest teams in teh Pac10 and losing to a third doesn't disappear with one 20 point over a decent ASU team.

As a side issue, can we all agree that ASU was significantly overranked? Their OOC schedule was a joke and they get beat by double digits by SC and Oregon, sneak by several other schools. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose next week to Arizona.