View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: **Fantasy Basketball Advice Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
-Rondo/Nelson are better invdividual plays than Biedrins for 3 games. But yeah, look at toughness of opponents and see what categories you need. If you're overloaded with PG numbers, and Biedrins opposing PF/C that week are somewhat soft go with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Biedrins is playing against Detroit, Los Angeles Clippers, and Toronto. Unfortunately, that's Rasheed, Kaman, and Bosh, all good players but I don't know if the latter two are any good defensively. Right now I am thinking I'll go with Nelson and Biedrins. I've pretty much decided on Nelson for sure--he had a good game tonight and is just looking solid overall.

My opponent next week only has two guys who are good at big men stats (though those guys are Yao and Duncan), so I'm thinking I may try to play Biedrins and try to grab rebounds/blocks. The rest of my team is pretty strong at steals and I already have several solid PGs, so I think I can lose Rondo and still be competitive in steals and assists, which is all he does. He had 7 assists and 3 steals tonight, but pretty much nothing else.

My team is great at FT% so I can lose a touch there with Biedrins, and very good at FG%, which Biedrins obviously helps. Normally I just go with whoever is playing more games, but I just think Rondo may be sort of redundant.

Another thing is that since most of my players are playing 4, I should have a solid edge in the counting stats anyway, so Biedrins' FG% may carry the day. The way I see it, Biedrins is better at FG%, pts, reb, and blk while Rondo is better at ast, stl, and FT%. Neither one is gonna hit a 3.

This could of course change. Thanks for the help to you and cellobob.