View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Anti-depressants

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Took paxil for 1 year and a half.

Even if I was suicidal at the time, if I could go back, I wouldn't use any anti-depressant.

If you can get over your depression without it, I suggest you do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

It affected my thinking and emotions in a weird way. I felt "artificially better", if you will. Combined with the side-effects like loss of libido, I was left wondering who I was and what I liked and where was I going in life.

Without it I felt depressed, but I least I was thinking clearly ; I understood the roots of my feelings.

Also once I started taking paxil, everyone went with the "clinical approach" with me. Like a schizophrenic who needs constant attention or something. It only made matters worse to have people literally spy on me and having to answer questions everyday.

I find it easier to get better when people don't EXPECT me to be clinically depressive.

EDIT: When people know you're depressed, their attitude towards you changes. And it sucks, because everytime you talk to them, it's like they're reminding you "hey, you're supposed to be suicidal!". I kept thinking "leave me alone dammit, I'm trying to get better!"