Thread: Mike's Log
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Mike\'s Log

Do you guys recommend going past quad parallel? Ive heard that for bodybuilding ATG is best, but for strength training quads parallel is best. Regardless, I just did some body squats at quad parallel and its probably a little deeper than my form with heavy load so I think you guys are probably right. Also, I havent been training deadlifts as long as squats so that could also be contributing. Regardless, I will probably stick with 225 next leg day and not move up, while concentrating on form/quad parallel (or deeper/lighter if you guys think thats better). 225 is also my goal for deads next week so hopefully thats more in line with normal.

Also, for who said I do high reps, yah Ive always liked high reps. I will switch it up form time to time. Deadlifts I usually pull 8...last workout was pretty messed up as I couldnt get a weight that was comfortable for me so I just pulled as many as I can (up to 10), which ended up being 10 for most. Hopefully I have a better idea of the weight I can pull now and next week will be 4 or 5 sets of 6-8. I also like to do high rep squats sometimes (well usually once I am actually in decent cardio/muscle endurance shape, which Im def not right now)

Oh yah, 1 more thing re: leg day. The gym I go to doesnt have a seated/standing calf raise machine (wtf). Its got some crappy weird machine that I dont like but have been using. A guy at the gym was trying to explain what he does for calves but I didnt exactly get what he was saying since he didnt show me. Anyways I think it was just loading up the smith rack and doing calf raises, but he also talked about using a box sometimes and raising off that (which i guess would be better ROM). Which of these is better do you think (or is there something else I could be doing) Thanks

-Mike