View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Weird Floor Decision at Wynn

This happened about 2 or 3 weeks ago at Wynn early in the morning with only a few tables running. I was wondering your opinions were on this ruling that happened when I was sitting in a $2/5 NL game.

I sit down in the BB seat so I post and have the whole table covered. There are two limpers and the SB calls. I take a peak at my cards in the BB and see 33. The EP limper had cash so I asked him how many bills he had while I was about to raise. He declared 5 bills. All my opponents had ~$1000. I make it $15 to go and everyone calls.

Flop ($45) A23 rainbow

I open for $40 and the guy with the bills calls me. Heads up to the turn.

Turn ($125) A23T rainbow

I reach for a stack and before I could even grasp it he grabs his bills and starts to put them in. After some table talk I decide the amount to bet is $200 and he shoves on me and I call.

River (~$2400) A23TA

Mr. Bills turns over A2 for the bigger full house. As he is counting his money out for me to pay him he counts down 6 bills. Someone at the table remarked how he said 5 this very hand as a joke, but long story short, the floor came over to make a decision. It was wether or not I owed the extra hundred or not because he declared a lower amount during the hand in a hidden stack that I asked to see. The floor ruled that I only owed for the 5 bills and not the 6th.

Reflecting on this, I think this was a bad ruling. Opinions?