View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Borgata $2/$5 flush draw semi-bluff

Game has been pretty loose preflop, but tight postflop. Standard preflop raise of $25-30 has been getting 2 or even 3 callers, but not many hands are going all the way to the river. I have run up the largest stack at the table by getting horrifically lucky early on, and then from using the stack to buy pots on scary flops, etc. - so far I have not been caught bluffing once, but the clock seems to be ticking...

Dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on button; 2 limpers ahead of me; I limp; SB calls; BB checks.

Flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot $25)

SB (has $250) bets $15; 2 callers. I make it $100 to go.

Question 1: Rate my play to this point in the hand.

SB pretty quickly moves all-in, making it $150 more to me. With $405 in the pot, and $150 to call, I call, figuring that I'm getting the odds for the call.

Question 2: Rate this call.

Question 3: Clearly, I was only getting the right odds on this call due to my money that I had already put into the pot. In other words, if he simply went all in on the flop I would not have had the right odds for the call - does this fact change your estimation of how I played this hand?

Thanks for your help. This happened a few weeks ago and it's been on my mind since.