View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: WOW WOW OMG WTF BBQ new Coen brothers movie trailer

[ QUOTE ]
kneeco,

possible spoilers

i thought all of those things were obvious, based on the cues in the movie. i haven't read the book... is there ambiguity about some of those things or something?

re: folks asking about the closing monologue. i thought it was great, but mostly due to TLJ's delivery, it's not terribly complicated, is it? i mean it's a life/death kinda allegory, muddling through the dark, the father goes ahead to 'get the fire ready,' etc. i don't think we need a literal translation or anything, the symbolism is pretty obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

spoilers

Well there were just some of the issues that I heard mentioned in the theater and by friends and such, I do think there's some ambiguity to a couple of issues:
<font color="white">Some people seem to believe Shiguar couldn't have been in the room. I was talking to a friend today who said Lewalyn wasn't killed in his own room, he was in the girls room when he was killed, where Shiguar would have checked first, then moved on to the room next door, which is where we see him when the Sheriff is outside. I don't know if that's the case, but we both recalled the girl in the pool mentioning his room number during their convo, so i'll have to check next viewing.

Also a lot of other people seem to think the window was unlocked, but I don't think it was.

Finally, with regards to who ends up with the money, yea I wouldn't say its at all ambiguous, I was just posting it as a follow up to the New Yorker humor piece. </font>