View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Inducing a bluff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Commerce 40/80. Game is playing very very tight and it's not that great, but we're about to break (and unbeknownst to me I'm about to move to an awesome game for the last 2 hours of the night).

Folded to me in the CO, I open AQ. SB calls, BB folds.

Flop 855. Check, I bet, he calls.
Turn A. He checks, I check?

(Plan is for him to bet the river and I raise any card that isn't an 8, T, or J.)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't think he has anything, why raise the river? If you think he has a 5, why raise the river? If you think he has an ace, why not bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerBob--

If you don't think this is a persuasive argument, why post it? If you do think this is a persuasive argument, why not post in Beginners?

Justin--

You're right on in this thread, as usual.

Joker--

I think you should bet this turn, just because it looks like such an autobetting card. Your hand is so strong that a checkraise isn't even such a nasty possibility. I admire your creativity here, and maybe I'm misinterpreting what the relevant ranges are here, but even under the conditions you describe I think this is a bet. (And I think someone should make explicit the elementary obvious point that even a relatively harmless free card still carries a little bit of danger.)

--Nate