Thread: JJ vs. chezlaw
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: JJ vs. chezlaw

[ QUOTE ]
Unless chezlaw raised the flop with 88 with the intention of running a three street bluff*, I doubt putting money in on the river will be profitable from private joker's POV.

*However, by the responses in this thread, this may not be a bad idea. I would say private's preflop range is AK, TT+, but when he calls the flop raise and checkcalls the turn, his hand is basically face-up. So then it just becomes a leveling game. Private likes to fold though, so chezlaw will probably err on the side of bluffing. Which means you should show down, and refutes my original point. gg

Edit #3: This assumes a lot of foresight on chezlaw's part, beginning at the flop. Dunno really, just thinking outloud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm not sure how much chezlaw is banking on my specific image of being even more of a nitTAG than he is. I know he knows I'm PJ because Heisenberg told him in the chat box a couple weeks ago, but I don't know if he knows my playing tendencies unless he read my stats thread. It kind of seems like my PF action + the BB keeping him honest on the flop leans it more towards the fact that chez has me beat here 99.5% of the time. (I don't mean his flop raise wants to scare out BB, I mean if he's raising 88 or something on this flop then he has to be sure BB doesn't have a K either; I think he thinks he has it locked up which means AA/AK a lot).