View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 05:52 AM

Default Re: Microscopic sample size STAT checkup plz

Hi PJ

Nice to see you posting here a lot. I like your posts a lot when I lurk around in medium stakes.

Errhm... First of all. You seem very tight. I am almost 100% sure you are leaving money on the table in late position. I would get my ATSB above 40 ASAP.

In a 2/5 blind structure I think your fold SB is fine.

I do believe you are folding you BB too much tho. I wouldnt like mine above 45 at 5/10.

Sample size is too small to be sure this is your true wtsd. Just to give an example: Mine is 40-41 over the last 80k hands. But in the last 7k hands where I have been running bad its only 37. So since you have been running good over that sample its likely that your true wtsd is a bit lower. 38 is fine btw for 5/10 IMO.

1) I am 3-betting all of those against a MP TAG or LAG open. If MP is a strong TAG or LAGTAG I muck em. If MP is unknown I muck em. Against UTG I will only 3-bet if villain is a LAGfish.

2) If he is tight postflop as well you can actually play a lot of hands. But as said, I think your fold SB to steal is fine for 5/10.

3) I play all of those hands in MP. 33 in UTG. But I do think that you should look for spots to open up in late position more than in UTG and MP. Your ATSB is really low.