View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 10:39 PM

Default My little dog >>> pit bull

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] my dog.

Late this afternoon, my wife and I took our dog and 11-month old daughter for a walk. I had the dog, while my wife towed our daughter in her red wagon.

We were on our way back home and as we passed our neighbor's house which is just two houses away from ours, the neighbor's pit bull jumped the fence and came tearing across the yard after us. I had already started crossing the street to get to our house, while my wife and daughter were still on the opposite side of the street, a few feet behind me.

I gathered up my 14 pound mutt while my wife quickly unbuckled our daughter and picked her up, preparing for a [censored] storm. Even though I was only wearing sandals, I was fully prepared to kick the [censored] in the face, or at least lose my foot/leg/balls trying.

When the pit bull was a few feet away from me (while I was not happy about this situation, I was thankful during the couple seconds I had to think that he was coming after me and the dog, rather than my wife and child), my little dog started barking her face off at him. I had to grip her tight to keep her in my arms.

Then, just like that, the pit bull stopped, looked at my dog, turned around, and slowly walked back home.

I have no doubt that my little mutt of a dog saved somebody (probably me) from a severe ravaging. I love her more than ever tonight.

Needless to say, we called the neighbor to bitch her out. This was not the first time that dog came charging at one of us, and she had been warned. Basically, we said that if it happens again, don't be surprised if the dog doesn't return home.

As I work at home and take the baby and dog for a walk every day, my wife now wants me to carry mace. I have a nice Al Kaline model baseball bat that would do the trick, too, but I suppose it wouldn't be easy to carry that, the leash, and a pooper scooper at the same time.

Here's a picture of our little bad-ass. Funny thing is, just a minute prior to the encounter, she was having a nice time hanging out with her Rottweiler buddy from a few doors down.