View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Looking more professional, a fashion thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Based on the advice in this thread, I picked up a couple pairs of Allen Edmonds at Nordstrom yesterday (they were each $100 off list price because of anniversary sale). One pair is black and the other is a lighter brown (chesnut to be exact).

The next step in building my wardrobe is getting some trowsers. I already picked up one pair of dark charcoal trowsers. I want to be able to alternate each day between my black and light brown shoes. What other colors of trowsers would be best for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i'm thinking of going with 2 pairs charcoal, 2 pairs light grey and 2 pairs navy. maybe i can get 1 pair of each color in solid and the other in pinstripes. the black shoes should go with everything, and the brown shoes should go with the navy and light grey.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd only get one pair navy. Navy trousers have the bad luck of always seeming to look like orphaned suit trousers out for a night on the town.

I'd get lots of grey in different weights (and dark brown) and, if you live in a cold weather climate, or just a place with winter, some flannel.