View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: What effect does poker have on your brain?

Any discipline of gaming and non gaming, mental, emotional or/and physical will have its good and bad effects.

Poker especially online is highly focused and disciplined practise.

There's a big difference to a less focused state of the mind, e.g. where one is less aware as an extrovert. What one gets does come with a cost, and those loses are about the things that get less when one is playing and get more when one is not playing.

If one is getting addicted to the game, then one's personality will somewhat permanently change; constant things change it. It's not bad nor good, just different.

If one picks some other state, or picks no state at all, it too will be a choice, and so one will be addicted to them.

I like lots of different states of the mind and I like the state of the mind I get from poker, its effect of producing higher/stronger awareness, especially as extroversion but also the introverted aspect of psychology and the mind.

It could be said I am an addict of e.g. that but in reality it's just my preference as the state of the mind I like among other states (and as an added plus to just making money), when not greatly overdone in case it brings too many problems on the balance of one's life; body, mind, emotions.