View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: possible reason arod signed early?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The better deal equates to two more years at less money per year than what they offered pre opt out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Just wow. Do you know anything about contracts? Do you have any semblance of what A-rod would need to get paid for a one year deal?

I'm not contract expert, but this is pretty basic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to avoid the meat of that response. RedBeans gimmick account? I will try to make it more clear for you in this post in the form of yes or no questions.

But to answer you first. Obviously you take *less* per year to sign a long term contract. But that is not the point.

The offer the Yankees made before the WS was even over was 8/231. You said that was in no way there best offer. Which, presumably, would mean they would offer more money or more years, at least in my mind. But remember, I am no contract expert.

Arod is signing for 10/275.

Are you saying that the Yankees would not have signed that deal pre opt out? That is a yes or no question so you don't get confused.

The difference between what they offered before any negotiating and what he is signing for is 2 years and 44 million. Are you telling me the Yankees would have let Arod opt out and not signed that deal as fast as possible if Boras laid that counter offer on the table? Again, yes or no question.