View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: basic question but need good explanation please

Does this make sense? maybe a little?

I say that each situation is independent (i.e. it doesnt matter what the flop was before). and he says that they are dependent in a statistical pool.

[15:06] b: Although statistis are best examined with large samples of data; Once with the appropriate statistical information, one could make an educated guess on future events; be it 1,2,3....n.
[15:07] b: So if the flop is A,K,K twice in a row, I could safely say it will not happen again.
[15:09] b: if I see quads, and three of the cards are on the table. I could safely say that I will not see that again in the next 100 hands.......and if I do see it again, I will be more sure that it will not happen again.
[15:15] b: it is all basis on making educated guesses. I believe that observing the flop and building information, one could decied to play additional hands because they predict that the flop will be on the low end, high end, full of a suit, due for a str8..........ect. But the flop is a lot more trickier than a coin flip, becasue there are many more possibilities than a coin flip.