Thread: IGN Top 100
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Re: IGN Top 100

[ QUOTE ]
FF7 is fine where it is - there are an awful lot of games in existence.

I think Goldeneye has been much higher on IGN's past lists. I finished it for the first time just a few weeks ago and it really does not hold up that well. I don't play a lot of FPS's, but from what I've seen, Half-Life 1-2 and Halo 1-2 are all better than Goldeneye, not to mention hybrids like the aforementioned Deus Ex. Even the original Doom is "better" from a historical perspective, and I'm sure it will be on the list.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah Goldeneye is a very tough game to judge. On one hand when it came out everything about it was awesome and completely addicting single and multi player wise. Half Life comes out, destroys its single player game (and you are absolutely right Halo was the next revolution in console FPS's)...then an onslaught of crack like online FPS's like Counter Strike, Rainbow 6, Unreal Tourmanents; tough to play Goldeneye 4 player split it when you have a team of 8 going against another with voice communication and everything. I will agree with others though...for what it was when it came out it should easily deserve a spot in the top 50 at least...maybe 30.

I always thought FF7 was weak. =/ I played the SNES RGP's and it wasn't mind blowing besides the CGI I guess.