View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: (value) bet this turn?

[ QUOTE ]
that's a valid argument, but i'm not sure what else i can do. if the facts i have on the player in question are "is asian", then that's all i have for a read and i provide it. would it really be better to just say "villain is unknown"?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my point in my initial response on the tangent, tho. The read, "asian," is either inappropriate (you're applying your experiences with Asian players, which may be different from mine) or irrelevant (you're just telling me his nationality, not how he plays).

[ QUOTE ]
obviously our experiences are going to be different. this is true whether we're talking about someone i have declared is a "LAG" or a so-called "weak TAG" or a "middle-aged asian guy". even though our experiences are quite different, surely we will come to an understanding faster by laying out all the facts than by constantly dealing with "unknown" villains.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our experiences are different which is why we use terms like LAG, which we have developed a pretty standardized definition for. Just try posting "MP3 was a TAG: 38/23/0.2" as a read and see what the responses are.