View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Funny hand at Venetian

Was playing 1-2 at Venetian tonite...was fairly tipsy as usual. I left table for like 5 minutes to hit the washroom, then when I returned to my table dealer was just ready to pitch the cards and pointed at me, I quickly nodded for him to deal me in and was quite proud to get back in time.

1 guy saw me hurrying to table and as I sat he joked that prob I pick up aces with the effort I put in to return. Sure enough I look down at 2 black aces in the hole. UTG limps...folded to me I raise to $12...blinds fold...UTG tanks for 30 secs then reluctantly folds.

Dealer pushes me the uber 5 chip pot...as I went to stack the chips I noticed that my stack was ~$500 rather than the $400 when I took a break. It was then that I noticed I was sitting at wrong table. I sheepishly got up...told all I was moving to my own table, took a bit, then table erupted in laughter.

Person whose seat I took returned a bit after, and after hearing what happened gave me a high 5 haha.

I told dealer at my own table what happened and asked what the deal is if I had gotten action with my aces and won/lost a large pot...he didn't really know.

Thank God it was just a happy meal pot, but was the 2nd dumbest thing I have done playing live.