View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 01:58 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

Apply in this thread with 1. How you are currently improving your game 2. Your poker goals. 3. Your current stakes and past earnings 4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made. 5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply. Please apply ONLY in this thread.

1. I am improving my game by playing only 4-5 tables and trying to take really specific notes and of course by reading and responding to posts in the strategy forums. I also have been reviewing my sessions more and more to try and find different lines/leaks.

2. Hm I guess my ultimate goal for poker is to eventually be able to live off of it. I don't really have a specific goal for poker though right now I'm just trying to improve my game and move up the limits. I am very competitive and view poker more as a game than as a career or hobby.

3. I currently play at 100NL on Stars and am a marginal winner (2ptb/100) over about 30,000 hands. However, I have only started playing poker seriously and making a concentrated effort for the last 3 months, as before I was just playing for kicks. My bankroll is currently at 3200 which I built from nothing (yes I grinded freerolls and yes it sucked). I have probably played around 100k hands online both NL and limit.

4. Most of my posts are pretty standard stuff. Since most posts in SSNL involve loose passives as the villain I feel there isn't a lot of room for interesing discussions and when there are I seem to always miss them.

5. I am 18 and a freshman in college, which I am dropping out of this semester because I hate it and need a break from academics. I consider myself intelligent and have a very strong math ability (took Cal III this semester and scored a five on the AP Calculus BC test).

I also have a lot of free time on my hands and am more than willing to have review sessions/chats with the community.