View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Have a set. Spew?

Depending on the villian, I 3bet often w/ small pocket pairs, and it's surely profitable...as stated before if they call with a higher pair or AK (assuming they don't come over) you're most likely getting a stack the times you flop a set...and you're turning a hand that you fold 7 out of 8 times into a hand that's winning you some small pots after you c-bet. However, obv flatcalling is standard, and here there's really no way to avoid it. There's no way 97% of players are folding this. You're not saving yourself any hurting by shoving PF - most of the time with a set (unless on a very, very drawy board) you'll lose a lot of value by shoving on the flop after getting raised, as you might as well type "set" in the chat box. Even most overpairs will fold to you there unless they think you're on a draw.... so yeah, IMO - no way to avoid this. Reload and play it the exact same way the next time and you'll find yourself on the winning end.

I saw someone wrote that your CR was horrible on the turn - I definitely don't agree. You've got one more card coming and there are a lot of two pairs and over-excited overpairs you're dominating here.