View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: My Hall of Fame Ballot

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not merely pushing Raines' stats aside. If you go back to my second post in the thread, I suggested he comes up just short of inclusion. I looked at things such as, even as a leadoff hitter in an offensive era, he had not even one 200 hit season. Yes, he walked a lot, but never as many as 100 times a season. As a leadoff hitter, he's supposed to walk a lot and take a lot of pitches, and the fact his walk total should be way beyond Rice's. He had six 100 run seasons, and I expected to find more.

Those are all still fine accomplishments, but aside from his stolen bases, the rest of his raw numbers struck me more as the cumulation of a long career more than a career that was truly HOF-worthy.

Obviously, you can (and do) disagree with my interpretation of his stats, but to say my opinion completely disregards objective stats is rather disingenuous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Reading comprehension FTL. I didn't say you pushed aside all the "stats." I said you pushed aside all the evidence given to you in this thread. Like the Rice/Raines EQA graph.

FWIW, the stats and your analysis of them above is very poor.

[ QUOTE ]
As for moronic comments, you were clearly, yet indirectly, slapping me with the moron label, even if you didn't say "mondo, you're a moron".

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's try this again. Here's the quote again:

[ QUOTE ]
If the BBWAA gave you a ballot, and you voted for players based on who you thought the other voters would be voting for, you'd be a goddamn moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's extrapolate that. I said, "If the BBWAA gave you a ballot, and you voted for players you thought the other voters would be voting for AND NOT PLAYERS THAT YOU PERSONALLY THOUGHT SHOULD BE IN THE HALL OF FAME, you would be a moron."

I stand by that statement. If you aren't creating your ballot based solely on your own opinion, you are a moron.