View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: 3-betting Light at commerce ONLY

[ QUOTE ]

I guess the situation that is coming up most often is when I 3 bet an open raiser with a hand like 66 or two suited broadway cards like KQ. I'm clearing out the blinds and usually taking this hand 2-3 handed as either a slight favorite or a slight dog. In position I'll take this scenario all day long; especially against a player who will rarely try to get to show-down with a hand like unimproved AK.

So far it's working... then again... I sometimes don't think I have the mental fortitude to fade 4-5 rack swings in any game

Thoughts? Has anyone else found themselves going BUCK wild with 3-betting at the weaker commerce games?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have this wrong. You are acutually going to be a slight favorite or a BIG dog. In all honesty, after reading your posts, I think you would be at least a little better off tightening up until your postflop play improves. You are likely dragging yourself through excessive swings. Now, don't get me wrong, I am all for aggressively isolating bad playing limpers. I just think you need to be a little careful 3 betting light in the 20 since they tend to play so much more passively and their range will often have you in bad shape. As always this will be opponent specific.