View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 08:23 PM

Default Re: The Well: nation

[ QUOTE ]
Do u regret having associated yourself with the "Sweatshop crew" due to the feedback you recieve, or are you happy to have stuck up for your friends? why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind it. I'm pretty sure if I didn't know Chuck, I would be very suspicious at first as well. What really bothered me was how people manipulated facts to try to sway public opinion. For example, one person said he thought they all clicked at the same time, and then another poster asked me "how do you explain how they click in every pot at the EXACT same time????" it was sort of ridiculous and did nothing to prove anything other than make me frustrated. I really really hate intellectually dishonest arguments like that, because those people are just trying to win the argument, not trying to figure out what's actually going on.

As I said in that thread, my real life friendships are worth more than any internet forum rep I might have. I choose my close friends wisely and wouldn't go out on a limb like that for someone I thought was shady, but I knew that Chuck had no bots and was not a sweatshop, so I was willing to step in the fire for him. I'd do it again.