View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 08:58 AM

Default Re: 1 - 5 stud variance question

As you already know, stud (especially low limit) has more short-term variance than hold 'em. I've never played the stud game at Bally's, but I'm assuming that the .50 ante has something to do with it. Yes it promotes looser play on third street, but if you're not catching cards/winning decent pots I'd assume it eats at your chip stack.

I think that stud games nowadays (post "poker boom") are very dependent upon the players at the tables. I don't care how old guys are if they're fish. I don't see many fish playing stud anymore. Most (not all) of these old timers actually have a clue how to play stud. It's frustrating to see a lot of fish that used to play stud playing $2/4 & 3/6 hold 'em now. Those were the guys that really used to juice up the stud games. I play $5/10 stud at the Trop, and every now and then you get a few fish there. But it's less and less now. I've heard that the $1/5 games at Harrah's (especially on weekends) are pretty good/loose games.

What's the average game at Bally's like (# of tables a day, autoshufflers ?, type of players, etc.) ?