View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 05:43 AM

Default 1 - 5 stud variance question

I've been playing the 1/5/10 game at Ballys, and have noticed a pattern that I can't explain. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

Within the first 3 or 4 hours, I can be up by anywhere from 70 - 130 dollars. Never more, sometimes less. Sometimes I'm down. Then, the cards seem to turn and I end up either back down to where I started, or even lower. Then my stack goes back up again, but never past the previous high point.

My sessions have been in the 9 - 12 hour range, and I've played 21 of them - which may not be enough of a sample to draw conclusions from, I realize. Overall, I'm up some $650, so I must be doing something right - I hope....

I'm wondering what "normal" variance is in a 1/5/10 (1 - 10 can be bet on the last card) and if perhaps my expectations are wrong. Or if I'm doing something wrong. I can have swings in a session of $200 or more in each direction - up a hundred from my starting stack, then down a hundred from my starting stack for example. Or down and then up.

I don't know if this is normal - or extreme - and how to adjust my attitude in either case.

And why is it that for any given session I'm never up more than $130 - when gains of much more than that occur within sessions? Frustrating.....

Reality check, please! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Thank you.

Lee